► Decentralized Autonomous Organization Lawyer
Our DAO Formation Practice combines our 17+ years of business and corporate law practice with emerging technologies in decentralized finance, token, and cryptocurrency projects.
Decentralized autonomous organizations are the center of the emerging decentralized financial industry with the growth of digital assets, tokens, crypto currency and other decentralized finance projects. Decentralized autonomous organizations are known as DAOs and constitute a new and unique business structure appropriate for certain types of decentralized finance and related legal projects.
As a leader in the legal field of decentralized finance, Axis Legal Counsel provides all types of legal support services for DAO-based projects, including but not limited to the formation and structure of new DAOs, advice and counsel on the business structures appropriate for decentralized finance and related projects, securities and securities related advice and counsel, as well as legal services common to the crypto currency and decentralized finance industry.
If you are seeking legal assistance with a DAO, searching for the right DAO attorney to represent you can be a difficult decision. AXIS Legal Counsel provides full-service DAO law firm support for DAO clients in California and from around the world.
► DAO Practice Areas
Our DAO practice areas span across multiple legal fields to provide maximum support and cost-effective solutions to clients. Our practice areas include but are not limited to the following areas:
- New DAO Formations. We represent clients in all types of DAO formations of new decentralized autonomous organizations. We prepare DAO Articles of Organization, DAO operating agreements, DAO corporate resolutions and other internal documents and related corporate structure work related to the organization of new DAOs.
- DAO Securities/SEC Compliance. We assist clients with all types of securities issues involving DAO securities compliance, including, securities matters, state and federal securities regulations, U.S. SEC filings, and other securities related advice, counsel, and guidance.
- DAO based Platforms and Apps. We assist platforms as well as other business or app based clients involved with developing DAO-based projects, distribution channels, DAO collateral services, DAO support services, and others involved in decentralized projects.
- DAO Business Structures and Risk Management. We assist clients evaluate the best business structures, onshore and offshore business entities, and risk management legal guidance to minimize potential exposure arising out of and relating to DAOs.
- DAO Tax Matters. We assist clients address tax and taxation matters involving DAO and related financial, cryptocurrency, and token projects both domestically and internationally.
► What Does a DAO Lawyer Do?
DAO lawyers provide comprehensive legal services ranging from formation of the DAO through advice and counsel during the lifecycle of the DAO For example:
- We represent clients in evaluating whether a decentralized autonomous organization is the appropriate business structure depending on the nature of the project they are pursuing
- We represent clients in determining whether the membership interest in the DAO is considered a security and subject to state and federal securities laws under US law
- We represent clients in preparing corporate records and paperwork to establish and operate the DAO
- We provide advice and counsel to clients in issuing equity, debt, and other membership interests in the DAO to investors, both domestically and internationally
- We assist clients with securities regulation and securities law issue, including qualifying as an exemption from registration as a security under Regulation D and Regulation Assets.
- DAOs are relatively new business structures and considered a major development in the business world as decentralized finance and related decentralized projects grow substantially. Our legal counsel uses deep corporate and business law experience to serve the needs of clients to economically and effectively address the new issues raised by forming an operating DAO LLCs.
If you need legal advice about your DAO, contact AXIS Legal Counsel and we will be happy to assist you.
► How Much Does it Cost to Hire a DAO Attorney?
Many clients wonder how expensive it will be and how these are charged when hiring an DAO attorney. The answer often depends on the type of the project. For example, if your matter involves a contract review, usually, we can give you a budget and flat fee quote, once we are able to see the contract. In some cases, clients ask us to review agreements they have been presented with, or prepare an agreement they need to present another party with, and we can usually do so for a flat fee. We offer flat fees to make hiring a DAO attorney more affordable. The typical fees for an DAO attorney are hourly; however, in our experience, there are a variety of projects that can typically be budgeted and billed on a flat fee basis. We work with clients to make the hiring of an DAO attorney as affordable as possible.
► When Should I Hire a DAO Attorney?
One of the biggest mistakes many clients make is not getting legal help soon enough. Because DAO law is relatively new, many clients are not fully aware of all of the state and federal regulatory landscape which serves as the backdrop to DAO creation, exchange, purchase, and sale. Having a DAO lawyer assist with these tasks can avoid the pitfalls that may result from lack of awareness of complex securities and laws governing nonfungible tokens and cryptocurrency transactions. A DAO attorney can help you accomplish these tasks.
► How Long Will my Project Take to Complete?
Generally, we fulfill client orders for services on projects within 1 to 2 days. Obviously, it will depend on the exact nature of what you need. We suggest that you start by contacting us to tell us more about your project, and during the consultation, we will let you know what the estimated time frame will be, once we have more information from you. Most clients have their orders for services fulfilled within 1 to 2 days. If it will take longer than this timeframe, we will let you know.
►How to Request a Flat Fee Quote?
The best way to request a flat fee quote for your project is to email us with what you need and, if it involves reviewing an agreement, a copy of your agreement. We will usually respond within 24 hours and provide you with the flat fee quote. Or, you can use the attached link to our form to Request a Consultation.
There is no charge for budgeting. If you would like to go forward with our firm after receiving the quote, then we would love to work with you.
► Who Will Work on My Project?
Meet our managing attorney, Rabeh Soofi. Rabeh is the founder of the firm and personally oversees all legal projects for clients. You will never be passed around from lawyer to lawyer, and your project will never be delegated to brand-new lawyers with no experience. We have a “clients first” approach, so we work very closely with clients to develop a good working relationship based on trust and mutual respect. Clients are never routed through receptionists or secretaries to have calls screened – you will have direct access to your attorney, without any intermediaries, all the time, whenever you need help. Read My Bio
► How Much Experience Do You Have on DAO Projects Like Mine?
Nearly every client wants to make sure that their attorney has experience with projects like theirs and knows the ins and outs of the legal issues that arise in projects of that kind. Axis, there is an overwhelming likelihood that we have not only handled projects like yours, but probably dozens or hundreds of them. Serving the decentralized finance and cryptocurrency industry is one of the core practices of our legal practice. This means that we delve into all aspects of DAO law. DAO law is a very broad field. It involves a wide variety of legal topics spanning contracts and transactions, intellectual property, negotiating with others, and of course, addressing risks and liabilities to avoid legal disputes in the future. Because we are familiar with the underlying industries in which entities are created, we bring to the table experience that is gained through close relationships with DAO industry clients.
► Tell Me More About Your Firm … I Really Need a Good Law Firm Behind Me.
We feel the same way! Axis places a huge focus on helping film clients get fairness and fair deals, and we genuinely approach each client engagement as an opportunity to help the growth of emerging or established client. We develop strong relationships with their clients, often over the course of many years, and maintain a very collaborative working relationship with clients, decision-makers, and others, that is based on trust, mutual respect, and a team-based approach.
► What are Past Clients Saying About You?
Don’t take our word for it – hear what clients have to say! We are rated 10.0 by Avvo.com, ranked as “Superb” in the practice of law. What to know what past clients have to say about Axis? Check out our Client Reviews!
► This Seems Way Too Easy… What’s the Catch?
There is no catch! Axis counsels and represents film clients every day, all week long, every month, throughout the year. We routinely represent film clients from all genres. We love helping clients.
Read our Business FAQs
Our FAQs answer the most common issues
Our Recent Projects
We counsel clients every day
► AS SEEN IN
Our talented legal counsel has been quoted in a number of press outlets, including the following:
►Our Awards and Accolades
Our talented legal counsel has consistently been recognized for excellence in legal services, and has been rated or ranked by Avvo, SuperLawyers, Euromoney’s Definitive Guide to Leading Litigation Lawyers & Law Firms, Los Angeles Magazine, and others.
- Superlawyers – Rising Stars- Top 2.5% of Attorneys in the State
- “Superb” Rated by Avvo.com
- “Top Attorneys – Los Angeles Magazine
- Recognized as one of the Global 100 Lawyers in Business Law
- “Business Law Firm of the Year” – ACQ/Intertrust Magazine
- “Top Business Law Firm” – Finance Monthly Magazine
- “Superb” Rated by Avvo.com
- Lawyers of Distinction
- “Up and Coming Attorneys”
- Euromoney’s Definitive Guide to Leading Lawyers and Firms
► Read our Latest Reviews
*** Testimonials are not a guarantee of any success or outcome, nor any guarantees about your legal matter. Each case is unique.
► Serving Clients Nationwide and in 22+ Countries Internationally
DAO attorney | attorney for DAO | DAO lawyer | DAO agreement lawyer | decentralized autonomous organization lawyer | decentralized autonomous organization attorney | decentralized autonomous organization law firm